The Copper King, better known as the Mountain View Mine, is located in the extreme northwest corner of Jackson County, Oregon near the boundary line between Jackson, Josephine and Douglas Counties in Southern Oregon's famous Gold Hill Mining District.
The property is located in one of the most mineralized areas of Southern Oregon and is surrounded by dozens of historic producing mines and prospects, many of which are patented. The property is at the headwaters of what is known as the Slate Branch of Grave Creek, which is regarded by many local placer miners as carrying one of the highest concentrations of fine gold and platinum just about anywhere in Southern Oregon.
Originally located primarily as a copper property by Harry Webber in 1913, a 900 foot adit was promptly driven into the "copper ledge", as well as a 125 foot winze which was producing ore that assayed as high as 15% copper. In 1915, Webber sold the property to the United Copper Company of Seattle, Washington, who with a million dollars of capital behind them, quickly transformed the Copper King into "the most important small copper property in Josephine and Jackson County".
Note that the Copper King/Mountain View mine is reported in both "Mineral Resources of Oregon Vol. 2-3"and "Oregon Metal Mines Handbook: Jackson County".
Today, the workings consist of a caved vertical shaft of unknown depth and an open incline shaft. Both of these workings are currently flooded. Still remaining is the 900 foot Webber Adit which appears to be in very fine shape, as well as the Van Nielson Cut which exposed much ore.
The owner wishes to sell all three claims for $35,000 with $20k down and the balance to be paid over 2 years. More information and ore samples are available qualified parties.
If you would like more information
please email us and ask about the
Copper King Group #L1605
fax 208 265 5377